To our valued clients,
As a manufacturer and distributor of packaging for companies, The BoxMaker. Inc. falls within the definition of an “Essential Business or Operation” as described in orders by the Governors of Washington and Oregon, as well as the Department of Homeland Security (see attached CISA statement dated March 19, 2020 or go to https://www.cisa.gov/identifying-critical-infrastructure-during-covid-19).
In recent weeks, we’ve prioritized the delivery of integrated packaging to support the shipment of food, ventilators, medical supplies, test kits, temporary testing shelters, and hazardous waste containment. Our intent is to continue operating, in keeping with our understanding of applicable law and the guidance provided by public health authorities, for as long as we are permitted to do so.
President, The BoxMaker
Outlined below are the ways in which packaging manufacturers are defined as critical by Dept. of Homeland Security.
FOOD AND AGRICULTURE
- Food manufacturer employees and their supplier employees—to include those employed in food processing (packers, meat processing, cheese plants, milk plants, produce, etc.) facilities; livestock, poultry, seafood slaughter facilities; pet and animal feed processing facilities; human food facilities producing by-products for animal food; beverage production facilities; and the production of food packaging.
TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS
- Manufacturers and distributors (to include service centers and related operations) of packaging materials, pallets, crates, containers, and other supplies needed to support manufacturing, packaging staging and distribution operations.
- Workers necessary for the manufacturing of materials and products needed for medical supply chains, transportation, energy, communications, food and agriculture, chemical manufacturing, nuclear facilities, the operation of dams, water and wastewater treatment, emergency services, and the defense industrial base.
- Workers supporting the safe transportation of chemicals, including those supporting tank truck cleaning facilities and workers who manufacture packaging items.
- Workers supporting the production of protective cleaning and medical solutions, personal protective equipment, and packaging that prevents the contamination of food, water, medicine, among others essential products.
- Workers who support the production and transportation of chlorine and alkali manufacturing, single-use plastics, and packaging that prevents the contamination or supports the continued manufacture of food, water, medicine, and other essential products, including glass container manufacturing.
Additional COVID-19 Resources from The BoxMaker